Monday, August 08, 2005

Lazing the Weekend Away


A few years ago, during the late '90s and early 2000, sleep was a luxury that i dearly treasured. Six hours in bed was already a lavishness to me, one that was that feasible only during weekends. My routine was to sleep around one or two in the morning and wake up at around six in the morning. I was never late in any of my appointments and meetings, and every minute counted in my datebook.

But after gaining the membership in the bar, my schedule became erratic. The only advantage I derived therefrom was that sleep became accessible which i constantly obtained, and lots and lots of it.

That was before. Before i was officially detailed at the executive office. My schedule is still erratic, highly hectic and constantly toxic. But sleep went back to being a luxury. The difference now is that i have no control of my time or my tasks (and that is a different story).

Anyway, be that as it may, time is neither an ally nor foe. It just is.

Last weekend, the weather, although gloomy, enticed me to stay in bed to revive my strength. After a busy week, i think i deserve some reward. Still, the reward has a price to pay. Though i spent most hours in bed, i was not able to do the chores (laundry, cleaning, ironing, etc). Blessedly, i have my ex to do all those things....

Yet, i would not trade my weekend for anything, except a million dollars, of course :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home