Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Five Values



This meme from Meeya is delightfully timely. I have been procrastinating on my 2008 M-V statement for my son. But this opportunity forced, err rather tagged, me to now "define" my Jadon's path.


As a believer of God's Word, i will use the Bible as my guide for the values i want my son to keep for the rest of his life.



1. Faith and Fear of the Lord.


"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates" Deut 6:5-9

I would feel safe and secured knowing that my son fears the Lord. I know that he will be taken cared of, all his needs would be provided for, and would never be neglected if he submits himself to the Lord.

2. Commitment


"Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond
this comes from the evil one." Matt.5:37

Integrity begins from commitment. I have never seen a more committed person than his father. When he says something, he will see to it that it will come to pass. Hindi nang-iiwan sa ere.



3. Love for Family


"Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you." Exo. 20:12

"Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord." Col. 3:20

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as
Christ does the church— for we are members of his body. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." Eph. 5:25-31

In my book, family is one of the most important part of one's life. This is where values are formed, the character is shaped, and of course, where you run to when everything else failed. I hope that i would be able to inculcate this value to my son. I hope that he would always protect his family, especially since he is the male, the would-be head of a household.


4. Industriousness, Diligence & Hardworking (parang isa lang ito ah?)


"Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth." Proverbs 10: 4

I am earnestly praying right now that God will give me the temerity to restrain myself from giving everything to my son in a silver platter. He should learn that he must work so he could eat. It would be my great honor if he would be a good provider for his own family someday.



5. Humility


"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." Proverbs 11: 2

Most of all, I want Jadon to be humble always. Humble in the sense that he does not boast his talents or achievements. Rather, he would use these to help others who are in need. After all, everything he has comes from God.

My prayer: Lord, help me to bring up Jadon in the way that he should go. Teach me to remember these things every time I interact with him. Most of all, guide me to be a good example by doing what I preach. In Jesus' Name I pray, amen.




And now for the TAG....

i am tagging mommies in my blogroll who have not posted this Meme in their blog yet.




5 Comments:

Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

beautiful. i have no doubt in my mind that jadon is going to grow up exactly the way you pray he will be - he has you for his parents so he will never want for guidence.

thanks for doing the tag. it's worth the wait. :)

Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:07:00 AM  
Blogger ambe said...

hi dyes..i'm going to snag this tag ha. I have a tag for you as well :) (http://coffeenchoclate.blogspot.com)

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice. i'm going to snag this ha. I have a tag for you as well :)

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:15:00 PM  
Blogger Dyes said...

hey ate mee! thanks for the tag. i have printed out my entry and hung it in our bedroom for guidance.

hey anna! thanks for snagging the tag. will read your blog!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Denjing said...

hi sis! great five values. i'll take note too of the verses which I want to teach my son in the soonest possible time :) Godbless!!!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 3:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home