Friday, February 15, 2008

Thrice on Hearts' Day

Just like any person who is in love, I was full of excitement and expectant feeling yesterday, the Hearts’ Day. Thus, as soon as I was free to go home, I immediately packed my things and went on my way to pick up Roney. Since he texted me that he was still in a meeting, I decided not to rush my way to his office.

As I was cruising along Buendia on the second to the leftmost lane and nearing Ayala, this white Ford Everest with Plate No. ZFF-990, which was on my left as we were almost side by side, suddenly shifted to its right without even a warning! As a result, I was scratched on my left rear bumper. Grrrr…. So, I immediately stopped in the middle of the road and put on my hazard lights as the Ford Everest with Plate No. ZFF-990 was behind me. Since I was alone, I deemed it prudent not to get out of the car first, but wait for the driver of that vehicle to get off and inspect the damage s/he had done. I was expecting that the least I would get from this is an apology. I guess I was putting too much confidence on human kindness, decency and courtesy, because I saw that the Ford Everest with Plate No. ZFF-990 slowly turned its wheel and began to rush to Ayala Ave. I couldn’t believe my eyes! I immediately rolled down my shotgun window to get the attention of the driver. But the vehicle went on, and all I saw was a dirty finger of the passenger seated behind the driver. I was tempted to tail that vehicle and teach the people inside some manners. But, a cautious person that I am, I computed in my head that there were at least 2 people in that vehicle (driver, plus the passenger giving me a dirty finger), and decided that they were not worth my time.

But please, readers, if you know the owner and/or driver of that Ford Everest with Plate No. ZFF-990, please, pretty please, teach them right manners and good conduct.

I thought that I had enough misery on Hearts’ Day. But, it was just the beginning of a very looooonnnnngggg night.

Roney and I decided to forego our V-date because we wanted, and were very excited, to watch The Amazing Race Asia 2 Finale. We have been religiously watching the show and rooting for Marc and Rovilson whose attitude during the race set them above everyone else. They truly enjoyed each leg without losing focus on the prize. They finished first last epi, so we were really hopeful that they would snag the title! But, though they were the first to reach the roadblock, they were the last to complete the task. Nevertheless, they handled their disappointment and frustration well. I did not hear Marc yelling at or even blaming Rovilson. Instead, he said that if he was frustrated, he could imagine how it frustrated Rovilson more. My hats off to you guys!

Anyway, I thought I was going to have a good night sleep after rising above depression over the results of TARA2. But Jadon had a restless night. He woke up at 130am crying and wanted to go out. We had difficulty in getting him back to sleep. He would wake up intermittently and we would rock him to sleep. Needless to say, I did not have my rest. I was tempted to take a leave from work due to lack of sleep, but i can't. I just hope that i would be able to go home earlier than usual tonight. (Usual is 11pm)

What a night! I eagerly await next year’s Hearts’ Day for I know that it will be better. It should.

1 Comments:

Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

uy grabe naman yang experience mo. pero ok na rin that you did not run after them, baka napaano ka pa (seeing what a bunch of buttheads those guys are).

sad ako that marc and rovilson didn't win, pero since they were really gracious about losing, happy na rin ako. :)

anyway, belated very "interesting" valentine's day to you sis! *muah*

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 2:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home