Tuesday, February 28, 2006

All About Linggit

Since we have yet to know the baby's gender, Roney decided to call our little treasure LINGGIT, tagalog for little -- it could be either a mini-me, if girl, or a mini-him, if boy.

Anyway, as i was typing the keys away, i suddenly felt a sudden jerk in my stomach. it was a little painful but i felt something moved! And my maternal instincts are telling me that it was neither gas nor contractions. I looked at my tummy and saw that a little mound was protruding on the left side. I couldn't contain my happiness that i immediately told Roney about it.

Our Linggit is so obedient. Roney would give our baby some words of wisdom and advices at night, and, lo and behold, Linggit would heed them the next day. Roney once told Linggit to swim up during my contractions, and miraculously, it did! Sometimes, Roney would tell Linggit not to move too much to alleviate my pain, and, of course, it did not even attempt to change its position! We just hope that our baby would remain obedient, esp during its teenage years.

During my first trim, i ate the recommended food groups and abstained from 'harmful' food. But i noticed that i gained too much weight, so i just ate what i wanted but continued to refrain from caffeine and alcohol only. I was thinking that if i gain weight, it was at least because of the delicious food i enjoyed. It was an extreme sacrifice on my part to live without coffee, but after feeling Linggit move, it was all worth it.

We are so excited about this baby! i am even daydreaming of planning its first birthday party!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dragon Lady said...

hihihi, cute name for now. 'linggit'! :-)

Friday, March 03, 2006 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

wow, i too am excited to finally see linggit :) oi, ingat pa rin sa food ha, remember youre eating for two people. right now, you have complete control over what linggit eats, pagtanda niya, you'll be begging him/her to eat properly na. so start the baby on healthy diet, at least may baon na siyang lusog sa real world :D

take care! *muah*

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home