Monday, April 03, 2006

Scare

Right after our trip to Beijing, I was very happy with how well Linggit and I had done all throughout the tour. Linggit was generally docile except for very few episodes of excitement.

However, the day after we came back, I began to feel sick. Day after that, I was not able to go to work due to fever and diarrhea. Two days thereafter, I hardly ate anything; I was so weak and had no appetite. The doctor diagnosed acute gastroenteritis. Thank God it wasn’t fatal, or even harmful, to the baby, except if I were completely dehydrated. Roney supplied me with as many Gatorade as there are in the stores. Although I was feeling better last Saturday afternoon, he still hoarded Gatos.

The acute gastroenteritis gave us a scare. Me specifically. I never thought that I would survive. I had only little sleep because even in the middle of night, my stomach would raise me from my slumber. I had little food because I had no appetite at all, and my stomach hurt when I eat. It had me worried about the baby. Despite the reassurance of the doctor, I felt so damn useless, not being able to give proper nutrition and care for the baby. During those times, I had to constantly communicate to our Linggit our love and how sorry I was to eat food that triggered the AGE.

Through prayers, I was able to recuperate from sickness and recover from that nightmare. I will never eat taho again. Mark my word.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dragon Lady said...

awww, sorry to hear about this. so was eating "taho" the culprit? i've experienced having AGE in the past, i think we were in college then. but i'm pretty sure it feels much more different and indeed scary for it to attack you knowing that you're feeding a precious one in your body.

i will pray for you ang linggit's quick recovery and i hope that your normal diet will resume soon!

take care :)

Monday, April 03, 2006 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

hanuvah, pati ako natakot! sister, i hope you'll take better care of yourself next time. huwag na muna yung mga masyadong exotic na food.

anyway, i'm just glad (and super relieved) that you and linggit are both ok :)

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home